http://oscarkarlsten.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/url-4.jpg 164 308 Oscar Karlsten http://oscarkarlsten.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Oscar-Karlsten-logo2-300x137.png Oscar Karlsten2009-08-15 18:33:052014-10-30 13:40:57Socialnomics
“Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate.”
Personal top 10 stats from the video (all statistics and sources found at the official site):
- By 2010 Gen Y will outnumber Baby Boomers… 96% of them have joined a social network.
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web.
- Years to Reach 50 millions Users: Radio (38 Years), TV (13 Years), Internet (4 Years), iPod (3 Years). Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months… iPhone applications hit 1 billion downloads in 9 months.
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 4th largest between the United States and Indonesia.
- % of companies using LinkedIn as a primary tool to find employees… 80%.
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year-old females.
- Ashton Kutcher and Ellen Degeneres have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Ireland, Norway and Panama.
- There are over 200,000,000 Blogs. 54% = Number of bloggers who post content or tweet daily.
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content.
- More than 1.5 million pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) are shared on Facebook… daily.