Entrepreneur Jim Lewis arrived in the Shark Tank wearing a white doctor’s coat, fitting for a man who is a Forensic Pathologist by day and a self-prescribed “Wall-ologist” by night. Lewis brought with him his invention – Wall RX by his company the Wall Doctor. Wall RX is an innovative solution to the costly and common problem of how to inexpensively and quickly patch a hole in a drywall. After leaving the Shark Tank, Lewis probably realized the one problem he didn’t have seem to have a solution for, which was how to navigate a tank full of hungry Sharks and make the most sensible and profitable deal for his invention.
This is the story about Diamanda Holmström, a soon to be 2 year old girl. When Diamanda was just 7 months old, she took her dad Kudo and mom Ulrika to visit her grandparents in Argentina. Shortly after arriving to meet her family, Diamanda got sick, really sick. Their five months of parental leave together with Kudo’s family and hence Diamanda’s grandparents has since then gone from bad to worse. Instead of watching Diamanda play and discover the world and her family – the family’s trip has been filled with the worst kind of worries; a sick child, YOUR sick child. Help Diamanda!
First 10 statistics used in the video:
- Over 1 billion users on Facebook
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest and 2x the size of the U.S. population
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
- Each day 20% of Google searches have never been searched before
- In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
- 1 in 5 couples meet online; 3 in 5 gay couples meet online
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook
- What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
- Ford Explorer launch on Facebook more effective than a Super Bowl Ad
It’s been a while since I checked up on how the documentary about the Pirate Bay was doing. Been over a year since the trailer came and now there’s news that editing will begin in November 2011 according to this, impressive. After spending some time reading old entries in “the making of the TPB-AFK-blog”, I can highly recommend you do the same!