Avril Lavigne’s video for her song “Girlfriend” quite recently passed 100 million views as the first video ever on YouTube. Just astonishing. Evolution of Dance is the number two on the list, being surpassed with about 2 million views. After this, it’s a good 25-30 million views to the next video. I bet the guys over at RCARecords are thinking that their idea of releasing the video on YouTube was a pretty decent idea!
To get an idea of how many 100 million views is, here’s a couple of population comparisons;
- There are only 11 countries in the world with more than 100 million people
- 100 million views almost equals the video being viewed by the entire Mexico
- All of UK and Italy could have watched this video once
- Every man, woman and child in Spain could have watched this video – twice
- All of Australia could have watched it – five times
- In Sweden, the entire population could have watched it almost 11 (!) times to get to 100 million
You gotta love YouTube. The reach is pretty unreal.